Green Chilie Chicken casserole




I found this recipe on Pinterest. The moment I saw green chilies and chicken I knew I had to try. And lucky for me, it's Hatch Fest at my local HEB grocery store so I was able to buy green chilie chicken shreds already prepared to make this recipe prep come together super fast. 



1 medium cauliflower, grated
1 tbsp mild oil
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp salt
1 four oz can mild green chiles
1 cup light sour cream
3 eggs
2 cups 2% Monterey Jack cheese, divided use
16 oz  Green Chile Chicken Shreds or any cooked, shredded chicken

After processing cauliflower in a food processor, saute it in oil until just tender. Sprinkle with onion powder and salt.  Transfer to a mixing bowl. Stir in can of green chile, the sour cream, the eggs and 1 cup of cheese. Pour this mixture into a 13 x 9" casserole dish. Cover the top with the shredded chicken. Top with the remaining cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until the top is brown and the egg is set in the center.

The above recipe had been modified from the original recipe that can be found here


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts