Chicken Alfredo Spaghetti Squash

Oh this was creamy and so good. Easy to make too. 





Spaghetti squash is a great pasta sub. I don't miss it. And I found a super easy way to cook it in the microwave. I followed this prep
The only modification I made was to cook the whole small squash for 5 minutes to soften it up to cut it in half. It's hard to cut when it's raw. After I cut it in half, I scrape the seeds out. Then spray the Inside flesh with cooking spray and season with your choice of spices. I used McCormick's roasted garlic & herb grill mates. Then return to microwave to cook until soft. Mine took 7-9 minutes. 

One tip, if making this for one or two people, you can save the other half of the squash after you've seeded it, before cooking it all the way. I placed in ziplock bag in the fridge. 

After squash is really soft when you squeeze the outside, you're good to use fork to shred it into strands like pasta. Then I seasoned it with some Garlic Parmesan seasoning you find on the popcorn isle. 


Next I cut up a bag of grilled chicken into bite size pieces and along with 1/2 cup of Alfredo sauce in a bowl. Microwave until hot. Mixed this with the squash and topped with diced tomatoes. I used 2 of the small Campari tomatoes. I mixed it all together in the squash shell. It makes 3 servings for one half of a small squash. 


Comments

Popular Posts